Schools have reported that some students have been unenrolling themselves from active Classes. This is a real annoyance in lessons and a common excuse for late assignment submissions.
realsmart syncs classes every day so would add the students back into the class within 24hrs BUT google have now added a setting in google admin which will control student unenrollment- We advise you to switch 'Who can unenroll students from classes' to 'Only Teachers'
To remove the ability for students to unenroll:
- Sign in to your Google Admin console.
- Click Apps > Google Workspace > Classroom.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- Under Student unenrollment, choose Enrollment status.
- Under Who can unenroll students from classes?, choose an option:
- Students and teachers
- Only teachers
- Choose "Only teachers" to disallow students from unenrolling from classes.
- Click Save.
Important: The default setting allows both students and teachers to unenroll students from classes.